Our Restaurant is located on cozy main street in Mays Landing, NJ
Welcome to The Main Street American Café, let the good times roll..
Lots of Parking around the back.
Chef Richard Spurlock former chef at several regional restaurants, now has his own Cafe! He is passionate about the cuisine and musical influences of New Orleans and incorporates them in his cooking using fresh, seasonal New Jersey produce.
We're all about the food, and sometimes the music and the food. Our chef has worked in cafe's, bars, casino's and 5 star restaurants. On the strength of his culinary arts degree and experience, Chef Rich brings 40 plus years of restaurant experience to your table.
We frequently have music on weekends and special occasions. PLease check our facebook page for the schedule.
Chef Richard Spurlock went into the restaurant business because he knew he would get fed and there would be a party after work. Starting as a dishwasher in Ocean City, he worked in many restaurant settings. He eventually found himself working at the finest gourmet Italian restaurant in Tucson, AZ, Scordato’s, from where he launched his chef career. He graduated the Culinary Institute of America and worked his way up to Assistant Executive Chef at the Trump Casino Organization and as the chef on The Donald’s personal yacht. Chef Richard settled down in New Jersey opting to work in more intimate local restaurants.
Chef Richard has received accolades for his culinary excellence including:
· National Culley Award For Original Recipe of Red Hot Pasta and Crawfish
· National Culley Award For Original Recipe of Almond Scallops Jersey Shore
· National Culley Award For Original Recipe of Bogs And Bay Jambalya
· #1 In New Jersey For National BBQ Competition
· Press Of Atlantic City’s King Of Wings
· Started Culinary Scholarship Program in the Upper Township School District Called CHEF (Chefs Helping Educational Futures)
Chef Richard is a Roadfood fanatic and loves to explore regional American dishes.